Tuition for the online Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management and Technology program is a flat fee of $440 per credit whether you live in Wisconsin or out of state.
All courses are three credits, except for HIMT 489 which is a one-credit pre-capstone course. Textbooks are purchased separately and are not included in tuition. As this is an online program, you will not pay segregated fees—fees in addition to tuition that cover the costs of student-organized activities, facility maintenance, and operations. Also you will not be charged a technology fee as part of this program. However, some HIMT courses require the subscription purchase of EHR Go and MedTrak.
Financial aid is awarded through your home campus. Contact your home campus financial aid office for details.
- UW-Green Bay Financial Aid
- UW-La Crosse Financial Aid
- UW-Parkside Financial Aid
- UW-Stevens Point Financial Aid
To apply for federal or state financial aid, fill out a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Even if you haven’t made a final decision about whether or not you will apply for this program, you may want to consider filing a FAFSA with our office. Completing this form is always the first step when applying for federal or state financial aid.
Other Sources of Financial Aid
As a returning adult learner, you may also consider these resources to help with the cost of an online degree:
- Grants are awarded based on financial need, and repayment is not required.
- Scholarships are awarded based on academic achievement or other criteria; financial need is sometimes taken into account. Scholarships do not require repayment. For a list of scholarships available to HIM and health IT students, click here.
- Loans are typically offered at low interest rates. Loans must be repaid, usually once you’ve left school.
- Tuition reimbursement is offered by many companies to their employees. Check with your human resources department to see what’s available.
- Education tax benefits may be available. Talk with your financial adviser about possible tax benefits.
- Private loans are available in addition to federal grants and loans. You will need to repay them.
Benefits are available to qualifying veterans and those currently serving. Contact your home campus for details.